Savory Slow Cooker Round Steak
Author: Simple Nourished Living
Recipe type: Main
- 1 pound round steak, cut ½ to ¾-inch thick
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 medium-large onion, sliced thinly
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained (or 6 ounces fresh)
- ½ cup low sodium beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons water
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4-Quart
- Grease the inside of the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, mix together the ¼ cup flour, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Cut the steak into 4 even pieces.
- Dip the pieces of steak into seasoned flour, coating it lightly on all sides.
- Layer half the onions, half the steak and half the mushrooms in the slow cooker.
- Repeat layers with the remaining onions, steak and mushrooms.
- Stir together the beef broth and worcestershire sauce.
- Pour broth mixture over the mixture in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove the steak to a serving platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Mix together the 2 tablespoons flour and water until smooth. Stir into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH until thickened, about 10 minutes. Serve the onion mushroom sauce over the steak.
Nutritional Estimates Per Serving: (1/4th): 190 calories, 6 g fat, 10 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein and *5 Weight Watchers Points Plus
My savory slow cooker round steak was tender after about 4 hours so I flipped my crockpot to warm until dinnertime.
Recipe by Simple Nourished Living at http://simple-nourished-living.com/2014/02/savory-slow-cooker-round-steak/