Crock Pot Refried Bean Dip
Author: Simple Nourished Living
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat free refried beans
- ½ cup salsa
- ½ cup fat free cheddar or monterey jack cheese
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Optional garnishes: chopped green onion and fresh cilantro
- Combine the refried beans, salsa, cheese, chili powder and garlic powder in your crock pot. (I used my 1-1/2 quart.)
- Stir well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2 to 3 hours, until the mixture is hot and the cheese is melted. Give the mixture a quick stir every hour or so to check on it's progress.
- Serve this easy crock pot refried bean dip right from your slow cooker or dump it into a serving dish. If desired, you can doll it up by sprinkling chopped green onion and/or cilantro on top.
- Serve with corn chips and/or raw vegetables for dipping.
Nutrition Estimates Per Serving (1/4 cup): 68 calories, 0 g fat, 11 g carbs, 3.3 g fiber, 5.5 g protein and *1 Point Plus.
Recipe by Simple Nourished Living at http://simple-nourished-living.com/2014/01/crock-pot-refried-bean-dip/