Crock Pot Beef and Beer Carbonnade
Author: Simple Nourished Living
Recipe type: Main
- 2-1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 12 ounces beer (preferably Belgian; I used an amber ale)
- 3 tablespoons instant tapioca (or flour)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4-Quart cookbook.
- Grease the inside of your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the beef, onion, bacon, beer, tapioca, bay leaves, brown sugar, mustard, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper in the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 7 hours or until the meat is tender.
Nutrition Estimates Per Serving (4 ounces beef and a generous ¼ cup sauce): 337 calories, 15.9 g fat, 4.3 g carbs, 0 g fiber, 38.1 g protein and *8 Points Plus
Recipe by Simple Nourished Living at http://simple-nourished-living.com/2014/02/crock-pot-beef-beer-carbonnade/