Crock Pot Pork Chops with Raspberry Balsamic Chipotle Sauce
Author: Simple Nourished Living
Recipe type: Main
- 4 boneless pork chops (4 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper or other favorite meat seasoning to taste (I used Montreal Steak Seasoning)
- ¾ cup raspberry jam
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together the jam, broth, balsamic vinegar and chipotle.
- Season your pork chops well with salt and pepper or your favorite seasoning for pork. (I used Montreal Steak seasoning, which I love on just about everything.)
- Grease your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. (I used my 4-Quart Slow Cooker.)
- Place two pork chops in your slow cooker and cover with half the raspberry sauce. Stack the reaming two pork chops on top and cover with the remaining sauce.
- Cover a cook on low for 4 to 6 hours, until the pork chops are tender.
- Serve with rice and salad, or broccoli and mashed potatoes, if desired.
Nutrition Estimates (1 pork chop and 3 tablespoons sauce): 208 calories, 4.1 g fat, 15.2 g carbs, 0 g fiber, 26.4 g protein and *5 Points Plus.
Possible Substitutions for Chipotles in Adobo: Tabasco Chipotle sauce, Dried ground Chipotle in the spice aise.
Recipe by Simple Nourished Living at http://simple-nourished-living.com/2014/01/crock-pot-pork-chops-raspberry-balsamic-chipotle-sauce/