Slow Cooker Roasted Broccoli
Author: Simple Nourished Living
Recipe type: Vegetable
- 2 pounds broccoli florets, washed trimmed and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 red, orange or yellow, bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- I used my 4-Quart slow cooker.
- Place the broccoli, pepper, oil and salt and pepper in the slow cooker. And toss with your clean hands to combine.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 2-1/2 hours, stirring every hour or so, until done to your liking.
- Makes 4 cups of slow cooker roasted broccoli or 8½ cup servings.
Nutrition Estimates Per Serving (1/2 cup): 50 calories, 2.6 g fat, 5.8 g carbs, 2.3 g fiber, 2.5 g protein and *1 Points Plus
This would be good with a little chopped garlic and/or red pepper flakes too. A small amount of grated Parmesan at the end would be nice.
To give this slow cooker broccoli an Asian flair add 2 cloves minced garlic, a teaspoon minced fresh ginger and/or 1 tablespoon soy sauce.
Recipe by Simple Nourished Living at http://simple-nourished-living.com/2014/01/slow-cooker-roasted-broccoli/