Slow Cooker Chocolate Sauce
Author: Simple Nourished Living
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 cups bittersweet dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 1 to 1-1/2 Quart.
- In the slow cooker, combine the chocolate, milk and jam. Cover and cook on LOW for 1-1/2 to 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes or so, until the chocolate is melted and sauce is smooth and hot.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Refrigerate any leftover sauce in a covered container for up to 2 weeks. Reheat in the microwave oven or on top of the stove over very low heat, stirring often to prevent scorching.
- Makes: 2 cups
Nutritional Estimates Per Serving (2 tablespoons): 136 calories, 9 g fat, 14.8 g carbs, 2.8 g fiber, 2 g protein and *4 Points Plus
The flavor of this slow cooker chocolate sauce can be varied by using apricot preserves or orange marmalade in place of the raspberry jam.
Recipe by Simple Nourished Living at http://simple-nourished-living.com/2014/02/slow-cooker-chocolate-sauce/