Orange-Sauced Slow Cooker Hot Fruit
Author: Simple Nourished Living
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice, well drained
- 2 cans (14 to 15 ounces each) yellow cling sliced peaches in juice, well drained
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) pear halves, in juice, well drained and chopped
- 6 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange-flavored liqueur, optional
- I used my 2-Quart slow cooker.
- Dump all the drained fruit into your slow cooker.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, whisk together the orange juice concentrate, cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water until well blended.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Whisk until blended. Continue to microwave for 30 to 60 seconds longer, until the sauce is smooth and thickened.
- Whisk in the brown sugar until well combined.
- Add the orange sauce to the fruit in the slow cooker and toss gently to coat.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours, or until the sauce is thickened and is bubbling gently around the edges.
- If the mixture doesn't seem thick enough, uncover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes more. (Mine was plenty thick and didn't need this.)
- Remove the cover and stir in the orange liqueur if using.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve hot, warm, at room temperature or even chilled.
Nutrition Estimates Per Serving (1/2 cup): 125 calories, 0.4 g fat, 30.9 g carbs, 3.3 g fiber, 1.6 g protein and *3 Weight Watchers Points Plus
Recipe by Simple Nourished Living at http://simple-nourished-living.com/2014/01/orange-sauced-slow-cooker-hot-fruit/