Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Cabbage Soup
Author: Simple Nourished Living
Recipe type: Soup
- 1 small head green cabbage (1 to 1-1/4 pounds, 7 cups chopped)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- Plain nonfat yogurt or sour cream for garnish, if desired
- I used my 4-Quart slow cooker.
- In your slow cooker, combine the cabbage, onion, broth, tomatoes with their juices, tomato paste, salt, pepper, vinegar and brown sugar.
- Stir to mix everything together.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, or until the cabbage is very tender.
- Season to taste with additional salt and pepper.
- Serve in bowls and dollop with a spoonful of yogurt or sour cream.
Nutrition Estimates Per Serving (1 cup): 79 calories, 0.9 g fat, 14 g carbs, 3.6 g fiber, 4.6 g protein and *3 Points Plus
Recipe by Simple Nourished Living at http://simple-nourished-living.com/2014/01/crock-pot-sweet-and-sour-cabbage-soup/