Slow Cooker Eggnog French Toast
Author: Simple Nourished Living
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 8 slices raisin bread that you have let sit on the counter for several hours to dry out (I used leftover panettone, an Italian fruit-studded sweet bread)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- I used my 4-Quart slow cooker
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cover the bottom of your slow cooker with 4 slices of bread, cutting them to fit.
- Stir together the brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle half of it over the bread.
- Add the remaining 4 slices of bread.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, eggnog, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Pour over the bread in the slow cooker and press down gently on the bread to submerge it in the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle with the remaining brown sugar cinnamon mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2 to 3 hours, or until the center is set.
- Remove the lid, turn off the slow cooker, and let the french toast stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with additional maple syrup and/or a dusting of powdered sugar and fresh fruit.
Nutritional Estimates Per Serving (1/4th): 235 calories, 6.8 g fat, 35.1 g carbs, 1.2 g fiber, 8.7 g protein and *6 Points Plus
If you don't have eggnog, substitute 1-1/3 cups milk and 2 tablespoons maple syrup.
Recipe by Simple Nourished Living at http://simple-nourished-living.com/2013/12/slow-cooker-eggnog-french-toast/