Slow Cooker Caramel Mocha Crunch Bars
Author: Simple Nourished Living
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 bag (14 ounces) caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso or coffee powder
- 7 cups cocoa-flavored crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup chocolate chips (white, milk or semisweet), divided
- I used my 2-Quart slow cooker.
- Place the caramels, butter, water, and espresso powder in your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 to 2 hours, stirring every 20 minutes or so, until melted, shiny and smooth.
- While the caramel is cooking, lightly spray a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray and set it aside.
- Add the cereal and stir until well coated. Add ½ cup of the chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Using a large piece of wax paper, press the mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Let stand for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the mixture. Using the wax paper, gently press them into the bars. When cool, cut into 24 bars.
Nutrition Estimates Per Serving (1 bar): 156 calories, 4.8 g fat, 27.4 g carbs, 0 g fiber, 1.7 g protein and *4 Weight Watchers Points Plus
I used white chocolate. But milk or semisweet would work too.
Recipe by Simple Nourished Living at http://simple-nourished-living.com/2013/12/slow-cooker-caramel-mocha-crunch-bars/