Skinny Slow Cooker Chocolate Pudding Cake
Author: Simple Nourished Living
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup dry all-purpose baking mix (I used Bisquick Heart Smart)
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons plus ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
- ½ cup milk (I used coconut milk beverage)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2/3 cups hot water
- I used my 4-Quart slow cooker.
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix together the baking mix, ½ cup sugar, 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, milk and vanilla until well blended.
- Pour the batter evenly into the slow cooker.
- In a clean bowl, mix the remaining ½ up sugar, ⅓ cup cocoa powder and hot water until well blended.
- Pour over the batter in the slow cooker.
- DO NOT STIR!
- Cover and cook on HIGH 2 to 3 hours, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake-y part comes out clean. (There will be a thick chocolate pudding-like sauce beneath the cake.)
- Serve warm plain or with a little scoop of vanilla ice cream. Or squirt of whipped cream. Just be sure to adjust your Points accordingly.
Nutrition Estimates Per Serving (1/2 cup): 169 calories, 1.9 g fat, 38.5 g carbs, 2 g fiber, 2.6 g protein and *5 Points Plus.
Recipe by Simple Nourished Living at http://simple-nourished-living.com/2013/12/skinny-slow-cooker-chocolate-pudding-cake/