Crock Pot Turkey Broth
Author: Simple Nourished Living
Recipe type: Broth
- Turkey carcass/bones
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- 2 stalks of celery with leaves cut into large chunks
- 2 carrots, cut into large chunks
- 5 whole peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Place the bones in your slow cooker. Try breaking them up as much as you can to fit.
- Add the onion, celery, carrots, peppercorns, bay leave, garlic and vinegar.
- Add water to 1-inch from the top of the crock. Cover and cook on low for at least 12 and up to 36 hours, adding water as necessary.
- Let cool and then strain the broth.
- Refrigerate overnight and skim off any unwanted fat that floated to the top.
- Keep refrigerated and use within a few days, or portion out and freeze. I like to portion mine out in 2 cup amounts and place in zip lock bags that I lie flat on a plate and place in the freezer.
Nutriton Estimates Per Serving (1 cup): 15 calories, 0 Points Plus
Recipe by Simple Nourished Living at http://simple-nourished-living.com/2013/12/crock-pot-turkey-broth/