Crock Pot Turkey Vegetable Soup with Barley
Author: Simple Nourished Living
Recipe type: Soup
- 2 cups chopped or shredded cooked turkey
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 16 ounces frozen mixed vegetables (about 3 cups)
- ⅓ cup barley
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste (I used ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper)
- I used my 4-Quart slow cooker.
- Add the chopped turkey tomatoes with their juice, broth, vegetables, barley, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper to the slow cooker.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours, or until the barley and vegetables are tender.
- Makes 8 cups of slow cooker turkey vegetable soup with barley
Nutrition Estimates Per Serving (1 cup): 162 calories, 3 g fat, 16 g carbs, 5 g fiber, 17 g protein and *4 Points Plus
Recipe by Simple Nourished Living at http://simple-nourished-living.com/2013/12/crock-pot-turkey-vegetable-soup-barley/