Crock Pot Apple Compote
Author: Simple Nourished Living
Recipe type: Dessert
- 8 cups peeled and chopped apples (about 8 large apples)
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1-/4 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- Coat your slow cooker with nonstick spray. (I used my 4-Quart.)
- Place the apples, cider, brown sugar, maple syrup and cinnamon (if using) in your slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours, or until apples are tender.
Nutritional Estimates Per Serving (1/2 cup): 102 calories, 0 g fat, 26 g carbs, 2 g fiber, 0 g protein and *3 PointsPlus
Serving Ideas: Serve just as it is warm or chilled. Or topped with granola. Or as a topping for ice cream or yogurt.
Recipe by Simple Nourished Living at http://simple-nourished-living.com/2013/10/crock-pot-apple-compote/