Crock Pot Apple Oatmeal
Author: Simple Nourished Living
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 cups fat free milk (dairy, almond, coconut, soy, rice, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup dry old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped apples (peeled or not, whichever you prefer)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup fat free milk (dairy, almond, coconut, soy, rice, etc.)
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker with nonfat cooking spray. I used my 2-quart. (If you only have a 4-quart I would double the recipe and freeze some of the leftovers if necessary.)
- Combine the 2 cups of milk, maple syrup, butter, salt, cinnamon, oats, apples, cranberries and walnuts in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on WARM overnight, about 6 to 8 hours.
- Stir in the 1/2 cup milk just before serving.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for several days. They can be rewarmed in the microwave.
Nutritional Estimates Per Serving (generous 3/4 cup): 240 calories, 6 g fat, 37 g carbs, 4 g fiber, 10 g protein and *6 PointsPlus
Recipe by Simple Nourished Living at http://simple-nourished-living.com/2013/10/crock-pot-apple-oatmeal/