Cranberry Orange Slow Cooker Beets
Author: Simple Nourished Living
Recipe type: Side
- 1 pound cooked beets, quartered (I used Melissa's peeled and steamed beets from Costco)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon, finely shredded orange zest, optional
- Place the beets in the slow cooker. (I used my 1-1/2-Quart.) Sprinkle with the nutmeg.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the cranberry juice and whisk until smooth. Stir in the olive oil.
- Pour the cranberry juice mixture over the beets. Stir to coat.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 1 hour, until the beets are heated through and the sauce has thickened. Keep warm until ready to serve.
Nutrition Estimates Per Serving (1/2 cup): 94 calories, 3 g fat, 18 g carbs, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein and *3 Points Plus
Recipe by Simple Nourished Living at http://simple-nourished-living.com/2013/10/cranberry-orange-slow-cooker-beets/