Easy Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy
Author: Simple Nourished Living
Recipe type: Main
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 to 6 ounces, about 2 pounds)
- 2 packages chicken gravy mix (I used McCormick)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) low fat low sodium cream of chicken soup (I used Campbell's Healthy Request)
- 2 cups water
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Place chicken in the slow cooker. (I used my 4 quart crock pot)
- In a bowl, mix together the dry gravy mix, soup, water and pepper with a whisk until the gravy is as smooth as you can get it.
- Pour the gravy mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for about 4 hours, until the chicken registers 165 on an instant read meat thermometer stuck into the center of the breasts.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, brown rice or toast, if desired.
Nutrition Estimates Per Serving (4 ounces chicken and 1/4 cup gravy): 228 calories, 5 g fat, 9 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein and *6 PointsPlus
Recipe by Simple Nourished Living at http://simple-nourished-living.com/2013/10/easy-slow-cooker-chicken-and-gravy-recipe/