Weight Watchers Simply Filling Slow Cooker Bean & Cabbage Soup
- 2 cans (15 ounces) white beans (cannellini or great northern), rinsed and drained
- 4 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Use a 4 to 5-quart slow cooker.
- First puree 1 can of the beans with a little water in your blender or food processor.
- Combine the pureed beans and remaining ingredients in a 4 to 5-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook until the vegetables are tender, 4 to 6 hours on high or 6 to 8 hours on low.
Nutritional Estimates Per Serving (Generous 1 cup): 196 calories, 1.6 g fat, 37.5 g carbs, 9.2 g fiber, 14.7 g protein and 5 PointsPlus
This also works with the Simply Filling Technique.
Recipe by Simple Nourished Living at http://simple-nourished-living.com/2013/01/weight-watchers-simply-filling-slow-cooker-bean-cabbage-soup-recipe/