Crock Pot Pork Loin with Apple Butter
Author: Simple Nourished Living
Recipe type: Main
- 3 apples peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 pound pork loin roast
- 1 cup apple butter
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Spray your crock pot with nonstick cooking spray. Place the apples and onion in the crock pot.
- Place the pork loin on top of the apples and onions.
- Stir together the apple butter, mustard, vinegar, dried cranberries, salt and pepper, until well blended.
- Spread apple butter mixture over the pork.
- Cover and cook on LOW 3-1/2 to 5 hours, or until the rost is done and registers 145 degrees on an instant read thermometer.
- Remove the pork from the crock pot and cover it with foil to keep it warm while it rests for 10 minutes.
- Slice the pork and top with the apple mixture.
Nutrition Estimates Per Serving (3 ounces of pork and 1/3 cup of apple mixture): 293 calories, 9 g fat, 28 g carbs, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein and *7 PointsPlus
Recipe by Simple Nourished Living at http://simple-nourished-living.com/2013/10/crock-pot-pork-loin-apple-butter-2/