(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 196 – Mom’s 3 Packet Slow Cooker Roast Beef)
This recipe for 3 Packet Slow Cooker Roast Beef is from Mom. It’s super simple to make and turns out nice and tasty.
Mom made it a while back, sharing a generous amount of it with us. Is there any better gift than homemade food from Mom?
To be honest, with 3 packets of seasoning mix I was concerned that it would be way too salty. It wasn’t. The onion slices create lots of liquid diluting the seasonings.
The Skinny on 3 Packet Slow Cooker Roast Beef
You’ll want to use a lean cut of beef for this 3 Packet Slow Cooker Roast. Mom used a rump roast. Top or bottom round would work well too.
According to my calculations each serving has 172 calories and *4 Weight Watchers Points Plus.
To make a complete meal in a pot, add additional veggies (potatoes, carrots, parsnips, etc.)
Or serve over rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes with salad and vegetables on the side.
For thicker gravy, remove the meat and then turn the crock pot to HIGH. Dissolve 1 tablespoon cornstarch in 2-3 tablespoons water, stirring until smooth. Then whisk the mixture into the liquid in the crock pot. Cover and let it bubble until thickened, about 20 to 15 minutes.
You can use the leftovers to make sandwiches, quesadillas, pot pie, soup, stew…
- 2 large onions, sliced thinly
- 1 cup water
- 1 packet dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet dry brown gravy mix
- 1 (3 pound) boneless rump roast (or top or bottom round roast)
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4-Quart
- Place the onions in the slow cooker. Top with the roast.
- Whisk together the water, Italian dressing mix, ranch dressing mix, and brown gravy mix together in a bowl until smooth and pour over the roast.
- Cover and cook on LOW until the roast is fork tender, 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove roast from the slow cooker. To thicken the juices, uncover and turn the crock pot to HIGH and let cook away. Or you can make a thicker gravy by mixing 1 to 2 tablespoons cornstarch with 3 to 4 tablespoons of water and stirring into the crock pot. Cover and cook, stirring often, until thickened, 10 to 15 minutes.
*PointsPlus® for Mom’s 3-Packet Slow Cooker Roast calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked this recipe for 3 Packet Slow Cooker roast you might also like: