3-Ingredient Nonfat Strawberry Frozen Yogurt. If you have strawberries in the freezer, nonfat yogurt in the fridge, a food processor (or Vitamix ) and five minutes you’ve got the makings for this easy healthy frozen dessert!
The Skinny on Nonfat Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
According to my calculations this easy-peasy 3-Ingredient nonfat strawberry frozen yogurt has just 108 calories and 3 Points Plus per serving. I prefer to use a minimal amount of sugar so the flavor of the strawberries shines through. You can use whatever sweetener you like best. Honey or agave also would work well.
I think this nonfat strawberry frozen yogurt is best right from the food processor. You can store the leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer. It will get hard as a brick so let it sit out on the counter for about 30 minutes to soften up before serving.
- 1 pound frozen strawberries (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup sugar or other sweetener to taste
- Place the frozen strawberries, yogurt and sugar in the bowl of a food processor. Process until creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Serve the frozen yogurt immediately or transfer it to an airtight container and store it in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Once frozen it gets really hard so allow it to soften on the counter for 30 minutes or so before serving.
I prefer sugar but you can use whatever sweetener you like best. Agave or honey should work well.
You can make a variety of nonfat frozen yogurts with this recipe. Substitute the strawberries with your chosen fruit. Blueberries, mixed berries, cherries and peaches would all be good.
*PointsPlus® for nonfat strawberry frozen yogurt calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.