(Weight Watchers Crock Pot Cooking Day 182 – Easy Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup)
I love black bean soup.
What’s not to love?
It’s a Weight Watchers dream.
Hearty. Delicious. Low in Points.
And cheap and easy to make.
This easy slow cooker black bean soup has just 4 ingredients – canned black beans, salsa, vegetable broth and cumin.
I cut the recipe in half and cooked it in the slow cooker, which can be left unattended for hours without bubbling over, instead of on the stove.
The Skinny on Easy Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup
I adapted a recipe from, Hungry Girl 1-2-3: The Easiest, Most Delicious, Guilt-Free Recipes on the Planet, so you know it’s Weight Watchers friendly.
Each cup has only 151 calories and *3 Weight Watchers Points Plus and is Simply Filling too.
- 2 cans black beans (14 to 15 ounces each), rinsed and drained
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ¾ cup peach salsa or another fruity, tomato-based salsa
- ½ tsp. cumin
- Optional toppings: fat-free sour cream, chopped cilantro, lime wedges
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 1-1/2 to 2-Quarts
- In a blender combine the black beans, broth, salsa and cumin. Blend until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 5 hours until the soup is well heated and flavors have had a chance to meld.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, adding salt and pepper as necessary. If you like, top each serving with a dollop of sour cream, a sprinkle of cilantro, and/or a squeeze of lime.
Source: adapted for the slow cooker from: Hungry Girl 1-2-3: The Easiest, Most Delicious, Guilt-Free Recipes on the Planet by Lisa Lillien
*PointsPlus® for easy slow cooker black bean soup calculated by by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked easy slow cooker black bean soup you might also like:
Today’s Food for Thought…
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.”
Do you have a favorite quote? I’d love for you to leave it for me in the comments!!
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!