(Weight Watchers Crock Pot Cooking Day 183 – Mom’s Easy Crock Pot Tomato Soup Pork Chops)
Here’s a recipe for Mom’s crock pot tomato soup pork chops.
Mom always made her tomato soup pork chops in the oven.
I, of course, wanted to use the crock pot.
And when I went to the store yesterday boneless pork shoulder roasts were on sale so I grabbed one instead. I could have sliced the roast to make my own chops, but that would have required extra effort. Either a pork roast or pork chops will work fine in this crock pot tomato soup pork chops recipe.
The Skinny on Mom’s Crock Pot Tomato Soup Pork Chops
According to my calculations, each serving has 242 calories and *6 Points Plus.
Pork shoulder isn’t the leanest meat in the world, but it cooks up moist and tender in the crock pot. You might be able to save a point or two using a leaner cut of pork, but it will be drier.
I’m in maintenance mode and prefer to eat a bit less of something that tastes good than more of something that doesn’t.
As always, go with what works best for you!
Served with mashed potatoes and sugar snap peas, this tomato soup pork was deliciously satisfying.
- 2 pounds pork roast or pork chops (I used boneless pork shoulder roast, trimming away as much extra fat as I could.)
- 1 large onion (about 3 cups sliced)
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) condensed tomato soup
- Montreal steak seasoning or salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons minute tapioca
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4-Quart
- Grease your slow cooker.
- Place half of the sliced onions into the slow cooker.
- Season the meat all over with salt and pepper or your favorite seasoning. (I used Montreal steak seasoning. I love it on just about everything.)
- Place it on top of the onions. Then place the rest of the onions over the meat.
- Stir together the soup, tapioca, Worcestershire, vinegar, brown sugar, and garlic powder and pour over the meat and onions.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours or until fork tender.
*PointsPlus® for Mom’s Crock Pot Tomato Soup Pork Chops calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked Mom’s Easy Crock Pot Tomato Soup Pork Chops you might also like:
Today’s Food for Thought…
“The trick is to enjoy life. Don’t wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead.
~ Marjorie Pay Hinckley
Do you have a favorite quote? I’d love for you to leave it for me in the comments!!
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!