(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 157)
I’ve been craving sweet and creamy desserts lately.
I love ice cream, custards and puddings way better than most pies and cakes.
So, this creamy slow cooker rice pudding really hit the mark for me.
My nana made rice pudding quite often when I was growing up.
But she always baked it in the oven.
I came up with this creamy slow cooker rice pudding by combining a few different recipes.
Made with fat free evaporated milk and vanilla almond milk, it’s low in fat and not too sweet, but deliciously rich and creamy tasting.
And the eggs provide a little boost in protein, always a good thing when you’re sugar sensitive like me.
I’ve been enjoying this creamy slow cooker rice pudding for dessert, as a late afternoon snack and even had it for breakfast topped with strawberries a couple of mornings.
Next time I’ll make a half-batch in my 2-Quart slow cooker and may try brown rice to make it a little healthier.
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat free evaporated milk
- 5 cups vanilla almond milk, divided use
- ¾ cup uncooked long grain white rice
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4-Quart
- Grease the inside of your slow cooker.
- Combine the rice, evaporated milk, 4 cups of the almond milk, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours, stirring every 1 to 2 hours, until the rice is tender and creamy.
- Place the eggs and remaining 1 cup of almond milk in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Whisk ½ cup of the hot rice mixture into the eggs. And then ½ cup more. (This helps to slowly warm them so they don't scramble when add them to the slow cooker.)
- Slowly stir the egg mixture back into the slow cooker, stirring constantly.
- Cover and continue to cook on LOW for 10 minutes more until thickened and creamy.
- If the mixture seems to stiff, slowly stir in a little more almond milk until you achieve the desired consistency.
- Pour the rice pudding into a serving bowl.
- Allow to cool for about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or refrigerate until chilled.
If you liked this recipe for creamy slow cooker rice pudding you might also like:
*PointsPlus® for this creamy slow cooker rice pudding calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Today’s food for thought…
“Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.”
~ John Wooden
Do you have a favorite motivational quote? I’d love for you to leave it for me in the comments!!
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!