(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 142)
Don’t forget: You have ’til Friday (2/21/14) to enter my latest Crock Pot Giveaway!
I love roasted garlic.
It’s so nutty, creamy and sweet.
Roasted garlic is a deliciously easy way to add incredible flavor to a variety of dishes with minimal calories, fat and Weight Watchers Points.
Mix it with a little light cream cheese and spread it on whole grain crackers for a quick and easy appetizer or snack.
Stir it into soup, pasta, mashed potatoes or your favorite vegetable dip.
Or combine it with nonfat Greek yogurt and use it to top baked potatoes.
Up until now, I’ve always roasted garlic in the oven.
So, I decided it was time to give slow cooker roasted garlic a try.
Most recipes tell you to drizzle the garlic with olive oil before roasting, but since the slow cooker locks in moisture, I decided to skip it and save the calories.
The results were better than I expected.
It’s nice to know that when the temperatures heat up around here and it gets too hot to even think about turning on the oven, I can make slow cooker roasted garlic without heating up the entire house.
- 3 heads of garlic
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 1 to 2-Quart
- Using a knife, cut off ¼ to a ½ inch of the top of each head of garlic to expose the individual cloves. Remove some of the papery skins.
- Wrap tightly in aluminum foil and place in your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours until tender. (The cloves should feel soft when pressed and should be easy to pierce with a sharp knife.)
- Remove the garlic from the slow cooker and let it cool enough so you can touch it without burning yourself then squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of their skins.
Spread on crackers, stir into soups, pastas, sauces, and/or mashed potatoes, etc.
If you liked this recipe for slow cooker roasted garlic you might also like:
*PointsPlus® for this slow cooker roasted garlic calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
I love inspirational/motivational quotes. They do for my brain, what delicious food does for my body I thought it would be fun to begin sharing some of my favorites. So, here’s a little food for thought…
“The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.”
~ Emelia Earhart
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get your FREE ebook: 15 Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes (SmartPoints Edition)
You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, tips and support to help you live your best simple & more nourished life!