(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 138)
Here’s an easy side dish with only 4-ingredients that will help jazz up any meal.
These slow cooker carrots with apple glaze were a big hit when I recently served them alongside a yummy crock pot beer braised beef (that I will get posted soon).
Sweet and delicious, I’ll definitely be making them again.
I think these slow cooker carrots would be good with orange marmalade or apricot jam instead of apple jelly too.
- 1 package (16 ounces) baby carrots
- ¼ cup apple juice
- ¼ cup apple jelly
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 2 Quart
- Put the carrots and apple juice in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours or on LOW for 3 to 4 hours (or until carrots are tender).
- Sometime during the last 45 minutes or so of cooking, once the carrots are tender, stir in the apple jelly and mustard mixture. Continue to cook until steaming hot.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Variation: Substitute orange marmalade or apricot preserves for the apple jelly.
If you liked these slow cooker carrots with apple glaze you might also like:
*PointsPlus® for slow cooker carrots with apple glaze calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
I love inspirational/motivational quotes. They do for my brain, what delicious food does for my body I thought it would be fun to begin sharing some of my favorites. So, here’s a little food for thought…
“You must begin to be today what you hope to be tomorrow.”
~ Unknown Author
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!