(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 136)
We had this easy slow cooker Italian Wedding Soup for supper last night.
Both Rod and I thought it was delicious.
Hearty, but not heavy. And full of flavorful.
Rod declared it, “A definite do-over.”
This easy slow cooker Italian wedding soup is the first homemade wedding soup I’ve ever tasted.
We’ve been fans of Progresso’s Italian-Style Wedding Soup for years. It’s one of my favorite quick and easy lunches.
But this easy slow cooker Italian wedding soup is so much better!
To keep things easy, the recipe calls for already prepared meatballs. (I used reduced fat turkey meatballs.) If you prefer, you could always opt to make your own, but then it would be a little less easy.
- 1 pound Italian style turkey meatballs (labeled "lean" or "reduced fat")
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup chopped baby carrots
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic or 3 to 4 minced cloves (I used jarred)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup elbow macaroni
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- Grated Parmesan, for serving, if desired
- Ideal Slow Cooker: 4 to 5 quart
- Add the meatballs, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, broth and Italian seasoning to your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours, until the vegetables are very tender.
- Add the elbow macaroni and spinach and cover and continue to cook on LOW until the pasta reaches the desired tenderness, 20 to 30 minutes. Taste and season as needed with salt and pepper.
- Serve sprinkled with a little grated Parmesan, if desired
Source: slightly adapted from 365 Slow Cooker Suppers
If you liked this Easy Slow Cooker Italian Wedding Soup you might also like:
*PointsPlus® for this slow cooker Italian Wedding Soup calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!