(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 117)
After yesterday’s slow cooker lemon cake indulgence, I decided to balance things out with an easy healthy recipe for slow cooker roasted broccoli.
I’m a huge fan of roasted vegetables, but this was my first attempt roasting them in the slow cooker.
Talk about a revelation.
I’m so happy to have discovered the joy of slow cooker roasted broccoli before things heat up again here.
While it’s not a problem to turn my oven on right now, it will be soon enough.
But thanks to the slow cooker, we’ll be able to indulge in roasted vegetables all summer long without turning on the oven and heating up the house!
This recipe for slow cooker roasted broccoli would work with most any vegetable or combination: cauliflower, peppers, onions, squash, carrots, brussels sprouts, etc.
I used just a tiny bit of olive oil, so it’s within Weight Watchers good health guidelines of 2 teaspoons per day. Each serving has 1 Points Plus (because of the oil) and works with Simply Filling.
- 2 pounds broccoli florets, washed trimmed and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 red, orange or yellow, bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- I used my 4-Quart slow cooker.
- Place the broccoli, pepper, oil and salt and pepper in the slow cooker. And toss with your clean hands to combine.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 2-1/2 hours, stirring every hour or so, until done to your liking.
- Makes 4 cups of slow cooker roasted broccoli or 8½ cup servings.
This would be good with a little chopped garlic and/or red pepper flakes too. A small amount of grated Parmesan at the end would be nice.
To give this slow cooker broccoli an Asian flair add 2 cloves minced garlic, a teaspoon minced fresh ginger and/or 1 tablespoon soy sauce.
If you liked slow cooker roasted broccoli you might also like:
*PointsPlus® for slow cooker roasted broccoli calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.