(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 119 )
Looking for a delicious easy peasy soup recipe perfect for cold winter nights?
How about a pot of slow cooker ham and wild rice soup?
Just toss together a few ingredients into your slow cooker in the morning and it will be waiting for you at dinnertime.
How wonderful is that?
I was going to substitute fat free evaporated milk for the half-and-half in this slow cooker ham and wild rice soup, but after checking my Weight Watchers calculator and determining that it only decreased the calories per cup by 8, I decided it wasn’t worth it.
Hearty and delicious, Rod and I really enjoyed this soup for supper last night. It’s definitely a keeper.
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) cream of celery soup
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup half-and-half
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4-Quart
- Mix the ham, onion, wild rice, vegetables, water, broth, cream of celery soup and black pepper in your crock pot, stirring well to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- Stir in the evaporated milk. Increase the setting to HIGH. Cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes more or until hot.
Substitutions: Cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup can be used instead of cream of celery, if you prefer.
If you liked this slow cooker ham and wild rice soup you might also like:
*PointsPlus® for slow cooker ham and wild rice soup calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.