(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 111 – Leftovers for Breakfast Slow Cooker Casserole)
This slow cooker casserole is a wonderful way to turn the leftovers sitting around in your fridge into a hearty and delicious breakfast.
I used chopped cooked chicken, broccoli, red bell peppers and onion, since that’s what I had on hand.
But you could use any combination of leftover cooked meat and vegetables in this “Leftovers for Breakfast” slow cooker casserole.
I adapted the recipe, which reminded me of a cross between a hash and a crustless quiche, from More Make It Fast, Cook It Slow: 200 Brand-New, Budget-Friendly, Slow-Cooker Recipes, a great cookbook by the talented Stephanie O’dea.
Skinny on Leftovers for Breakfast Slow Cooker Casserole
I made a half but increased the number of eggs to make it more quiche-like. According to my calculations each serving has 240 calories and *6 Weight Watchers Points Plus.
Rod, Mom and I all liked it. Hearty and satisfying, this slow cooker casserole could work for lunch or supper too.
- 3 cups frozen hash brown potatoes (about half of a 30 ounce bag)
- 8 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup diced meat (I used chicken. Beef, ham, corned beef, turkey would all work.)
- 1 cup diced cooked vegetables (I used a combination of broccoli, red bell pepper and onion)
- 1 cup shredded reduced fat cheese (I used cheddar and mozzarella)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ideal Slow Cooker: 3 to 4-Quart
- Grease your slow cooker.
- Dump in the frozen hash brown, spreading them out evenly.
- Sprinkle the hash browns with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together the eggs and milk. Stir in the meat, vegetables and cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture over the hash browns. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours or until set in the middle and light brown around the edges.
- Serve, hot or at room temperature.
Source: adapted from More Make It Fast, Cook It Slow: 200 Brand-New, Budget-Friendly, Slow-Cooker Recipes
*PointsPlus® for leftovers for breakfast slow cooker casserole calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked this leftovers for breakfast slow cooker casserole you might also like: