(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 114)
Here’s a quick and easy recipe with just 5 ingredients that will delight your taste buds: Crock Pot Pork Chops with Raspberry Balsamic Chipotle Sauce.
I got the idea from a great little cookbook, Southwest Slow Cooking, that I picked up last week during an excursion to one of my favorite used book shops.
(After my success with these crock pot pork chops, I’m looking forward to trying a more of the easy, healthy and delicious looking recipes from it.)
I adapted the recipe a bit, cutting WAY BACK on the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, which are VERY HOT and adding in a little balsamic vinegar. (If you are unfamiliar with chipotles in adobo, here’s a great article from Our Best Bites all about them.)
We all loved the flavor of these yummy crock pot pork chops with raspberry balsamic chipotle sauce.
The recipe calls for a lot of jam, but it thins out during cooking. You only need a few tablespoons of sauce to top your pork when serving, so most of the calories/points are left behind in the crock pot.
- 4 boneless pork chops (4 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper or other favorite meat seasoning to taste (I used Montreal Steak Seasoning)
- ¾ cup raspberry jam
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together the jam, broth, balsamic vinegar and chipotle.
- Season your pork chops well with salt and pepper or your favorite seasoning for pork. (I used Montreal Steak seasoning, which I love on just about everything.)
- Grease your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. (I used my 4-Quart Slow Cooker.)
- Place two pork chops in your slow cooker and cover with half the raspberry sauce. Stack the reaming two pork chops on top and cover with the remaining sauce.
- Cover a cook on low for 4 to 6 hours, until the pork chops are tender.
- Serve with rice and salad, or broccoli and mashed potatoes, if desired.
Possible Substitutions for Chipotles in Adobo: Tabasco Chipotle sauce, Dried ground Chipotle in the spice aise.
Source: Adapted from Southwest Slow Cooking
If you liked crock pot pork chops with raspberry balsamic chipotle sauce you might also like:
*PointsPlus® for crock pot pork chops with raspberry balsamic chipotle sauce calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.