(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 80)
I keep playing around with different recipes and techniques for making oatmeal in the slow cooker.
First, I used old fashioned oats and the WARM setting to make Crock Pot Apple Oatmeal.
Then steel cut oats and a bowl set inside my slow cooker (to prevent scorching) to make Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal.
My most recent experiment is slow cooker eggnog oatmeal, something I’d never even considered until seeing this on Slow Cooker from Scratch.
For this slow cooker eggnog oatmeal, I cooked steel cut oats overnight in my 2-Quart slow cooker set to WARM, which worked splendidly.
To serve, I drizzled on a little more eggnog and dusted the top with fresh ground nutmeg.
Since I’m the only one who really enjoys oatmeal, the leftovers are tucked away in the fridge until I’m ready to rewarm them for a quick and easy breakfast.
If you’re an eggnog lover, I think you’ll really enjoy giving slow cooker eggnog oatmeal a try. On Christmas morning, perhaps?
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 2 cups eggnog
- 2 cups water
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup dried cranberries, optional
- Fresh ground nutmeg, optional
- Additional eggnog for serving, optional
- I used my 2-Quart slow cooker.
- Stir together the steel cut oats, eggnog, water, salt, and cranberries if using.
- Cover and cook on WARM for 6 to 8 hours, until thick and creamy
- Serve, drizzled with a little more eggnog, and dash of fresh ground nutmeg, if desired.
If you liked slow cooker eggnog oatmeal, you might also like:
*PointsPlus® for slow cooker eggnog oatmeal calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.