(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 89)
My post-holiday soup kick continues with slow cooker curried carrot soup.
Creamy, colorful and flavorful, this slow cooker curried carrot soup is comfort in a bowl.
Gorgeously golden, subtly sweet, with just a hint of spice from the curry powder, both Rod and I agreed that it was delicious when I served it last night as part of a simple supper.
Each cup has just 98 calories and *3 Weight Watchers Points Plus. And using nonfat milk makes it Simply Filling.
- 8 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon allspice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk (dairy or nondairy)
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- I used my 4-Quart slow cooker.
- In your slow cooker, combine the carrots, onion, apple, curry powder, garlic, allspice, salt and broth.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours or until carrots are very tender, and easily split with a fork.
- With an immersion blender, carefully puree the soup until it’s silky smooth, being careful not to splatter yourself with the hot soup. (You can also do this in a blender, in batches, again being careful and holding down the lid to avoid being burned by exploding soup)
- Stir in the milk. (I used coconut milk beverage since it’s what was in the fridge.)
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with cilantro.
If you liked slow cooker curried carrot soup you might also like:
*PointsPlus® for slow cooker curried carrot soup calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.