(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 81)
I made these really easy 5-ingredient slow cooker cranberry meatballs for dinner last night.
Served with mashed potatoes and broccoli, they were a big hit.
They would be great as an appetizer too, served right out of your slow cooker with toothpicks on the side
You can either use store-bought meatballs, or make your own. I intended to use store bought, but ended up using premixed meatloaf mix from Sprouts to make them instead.
I didn’t precook the meatballs; just placed them in the slow cooker and poured on the sauce. The cooking time will depend on whether your meatballs are frozen, thawed, or precooked.
With just 5 ingredients, these slow cooker cranberry meatballs are as easy as they are delicious.
The recipe calls for a little bit of heavy cream. You can use evaporated milk instead. If you do, according to my calculations, calories per serving are reduced by 10, but the points plus value stays the same.
- 1-1/2 pounds meatballs (about 24)
- 1 cup brown gravy, from a jar or made from a mix
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- I used my 4-Quart slow cooker.
- Spray your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Put the meatballs in the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, mix together the gravy, cranberry sauce, milk and mustard until well blended. Pour over the meatballs
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours or on LOW 5 to 6 hours. (The cooking time will depend on whether your meatballs are frozen, thawed, or precooked.)
If you liked slow cooker cranberry meatballs you might also like:
*PointsPlus® for slow cooker cranberry meatballs calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.