(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 34 – Italian Slow Cooker Pork and White Beans Stew)
I made this Italian Slow Cooker Pork and White Beans Stew last weekend.
We were up in the northwoods of Wisconsin, where it was unseasonably cold and snowy, shutting down the cabins for the season. So, this easy hearty slow cooker pork and white beans stew seemed perfect.
I spotted it while perusing Slow Cooker Revolution Volume 2: The Easy-Prep Edition during the flight and added the ingredients needed to make a half-batch to my shopping list.
Skinny on Italian Slow Cooker Pork and White Beans Stew
Saturday I dug out the old crock pot I got as a bridal shower gift back in 1986 and got this Italian slow cooker pork and white beans stew going.
When it was time for dinner, I stirred in the pesto and about twice as much spinach as called for.
We enjoyed this hearty and flavorful Italian slow cooker pork and white beans stew with some crusty bread and in front of a blazing fire.
Easy, flavorful, fall apart tender and delicious, this is definitely a keeper I plan on making again when winter arrives in Phoenix.
According to my calculations each serving has 302 calories and *7 Weight Watches Points Plus.
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 tablespoons instant tapioca
- 2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs, trimmed of excess fat
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup prepared basil pesto
- 4 ounces (4 cups) baby spinach
- Microwave the onions, garlic and rosemary in a bowl, stirring occasionally, until the onions are softened, about 4 minutes. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Stir in the broth, beans and tapioca.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper and snuggle into the slow cooker.
- Cover and Cook until pork is tender, 6 to 7 hours on LOW.
- Using a large spoon, skim excess fat from the surface of the stew.
- Break the pork into large 1-inch chunks with kitchen tongs.
- Stir in the pesto and then stir in the spinach, a handful at a time and let it sit until the spinach wilts, about 5 minutes.
- Adjust stew consistency with extra hot broth as needed.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Source: Adapted from Slow Cooker Revolution Volume 2: Easy-Prep Edition
*PointsPlus® for slow cooker pork and white beans calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked this slow cooker pork and white beans stew, you might also like:
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!