(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 22 – Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup)
Here’s an easy tasty slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup perfect for stuffed pepper lovers.
I tasted stuffed pepper soup for the first time several years ago at a restaurant in northern Wisconsin and was immediately smitten. So, when I saw this recipe for slow cooker stuffed pepper soup in a Gooseberry Patch Slow-Cooker Recipes Cookbook, I decided to give it a try. It’s unique in that it calls for a package of cooked Spanish rice, instead of plain or brown rice.
Skinny on Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup
The recipe also calls for two bell peppers. Green bell peppers can be kinda strong, even if you like them. So, I used one green and one red to tone it down a bit.
And I added two cups of beef broth.
This slow cooker stuffed pepper soup recipe turned out thick and hearty, perfect for a chilly fall or winter meal.
According to my calculations, each 1 cup serving has 179 calories and *5 Points Plus.
You could substitute ground turkey if you wanted. Or turn it into a vegetarian slow cooker stuffed pepper soup by using veggie crumbles.
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces) tomato soup
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 2 cups broth (chicken, beef or vegetable)
- 2 bell peppers chopped (I used one green and one red)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 package (5 to 6 ounces) Spanish rice mix, uncooked
- Grated Parmesan cheese for serving, if desired
- Combine the cooked ground beef, tomato soup, diced tomatoes, broth, bell peppers, onions and Italian seasoning in your slow cooker. (I used my Ninja 3-in-1 cooker so I could brown the meat then proceed with slow cooking. A 5 or 6-Quart cooker should work.)
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours, until the peppers and onions are soft.
- Prepare the rice mix as the package directs. (I needed water and a 14-1/2 ounce can of diced tomatoes for mine.)
- Stir the cooked rice mix into the soup and cook on low for 30 minutes more to blend flavors.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top, if desired.
Source: Adapted from Slow-Cooker Recipes Cookbook
*PointsPlus® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked this slow cooker stuffed pepper soup, you might also like:
I made this slow cooker stuffed pepper soup in my Ninja 3-in-1 Slow Cooker. The more I use it, the more I like it.
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!