(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking, Day 18)
Celebrate Crocktober with this super easy slow cooker kielbasa sauerkraut potatoes dish!
It was a big hit when I made it Sunday.
With just 5 ingredients, this easy slow cooker kielbasa sauerkraut potatoes dinner couldn’t be easier.
I adapted the recipe from one I found in a Gooseberry Patch Slow-Cooker Recipes Cookbook.
The only change I made was to make it more Weight Watchers friendly by substituting turkey kielbasa.
If you like kielbasa and sauerkraut, I hope you’ll give this easy slow cooker kielbasa sauerkraut potatoes dish a try this Crocktober
- 6 medium size red skin potatoes (I used yukon jacks)
- 16 ounces sauerkraut
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 14 ounces turkey kielbasa, cut into 8 equal pieces
- Coat your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray (I used by 4-Quart)
- Cut the potatoes in half.
- Place the potatoes in the bottom and along sides of the slow cooker.
- Rinse and drain the sauerkraut well.
- Place the sauerkraut on top of the potatoes.
- Rinse the sauerkraut bag with a little water (about ¼ cup) and pour it into the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the caraway seeds and brown sugar over the sauerkraut.
- Arrange the kielbasa pieces on top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, or until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
If you liked this slow cooker kielbasa sauerkraut potatoes recipe, you might also like:
*PointsPlus® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
I wasn’t kidding about Crocktober. Check out this perfect for fall Crock-Pot® Limited Edition Crocktober™ Themed Digital Slow Cooker available at Amazon