I enjoyed this English Muffin Hawaiian Pizza for lunch recently.
I have to say it was the most fun and tasty lunch I had made for myself in a while.
I’ve loved English muffin pizzas since I was a kid.
Back then we never made anything as fancy as an English muffin Hawaiian pizza. We mostly ate them plain, with a little tomato sauce and mozzarella.
(My mom, sister and brother love to remind me of the night I ate 13 of them for supper. And I remind them that I didn’t get fat by eating small. I was a big girl with a big appetite back then.)
I got the idea for this English Muffin Hawaiian Pizza from Hungry Girl, Lisa Lillien. It’s the first recipe in her cookbook, Hungry Girl 1-2-3: The Easiest, Most Delicious, Guilt-Free Recipes on the Planet.
Needless to say, the description of this English Muffin Hawaiian Pizza with sauce, cheese, ham and pineapple was enough to get me excited. It’s quick and easy too. All you need is about 5 minutes to put it together and another 8 to 10 minutes to let it bake.
I adapted the recipe slightly to work with what I had on hand. I substituted tomato sauce with a little Italian seasoning mixed in for the low-fat marinara. Replaced pineapple tidbits for the pineapple ring. And shredded part-skim mozzarella for the string cheese, which is really the same thing, isn’t it? (I love mozzarella but overdosed on sticks of string cheese during my South Beach Diet phase and never got over it.)
Served with a tossed green salad, this made an easy, healthy and delicious lunch. The entire recipe has just 230 calories and *6 Weight Watchers PointsPlus.
- 2 tablespoons marinara sauce
- 1 whole-wheat English muffin, split in half
- 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 slices deli ham, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canned pineapple tidbits, well drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (I used the toaster oven). Line a baking pan with foil and spray the foil lightly with cooking spray.
- Toast the english muffin lightly. Remove from the oven and spread 1 tablespoon sauce on each muffin half. Place the muffin halves on your prepared baking pan. Distribute the cheese, ham, pineapple, and onion evenly over the muffin halves. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until heated through.
*The PointsPlus® values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Simple Nourished Living and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark.
Slightly adapted from: Hungry Girl 1-2-3: The Easiest, Most Delicious, Guilt-Free Recipes on the Planet by Lisa Lillien
Here are more of my favorite Weight Watchers friendly ways to enjoy pizza: