Ruby red grapefruit, orange and clementine slices topped with pomegranate seeds and toasted and drizzled with honey, this Winter Citrus and Pomegranate Fruit Salad is as colorful as it is healthy and delicious.
When I saw this Winter Citrus and Pomegranate Fruit Salad in December’s Whole Living, I immediately tore out the recipe and stuck it in my file as a Christmas breakfast possibility.
In true Martha Stewart fashion, the recpe called for a cara cara orange, a fancy red-fleshed naval orange, that wasn’t available at my market, so I opted for a plain old orange naval orange instead.
I also substituted toasted sweetened coconut for the unsweetened called for since it’s what was in the pantry, and decreased the pomegranate seeds to 1/4 cup from 1 cup, which seemed like way too many.
I also used a little less toasted coconut than specified.
Skinny on Citrus Pomegranate Fruit Salad
Served with whole grain toast, bagels, cream cheese and smoked salmon, this yummy winter citrus and pomegranate fruit salad with honey and toasted coconut was the star of our Christmas breakfast. With just 77 calories and 2 Weight Watchers PointPlus, it’s a light, healthy and delicious way to begin your day. According to WW Recipe Builder this salad has only 1 SmartPoint!
Peeling the citrus is the most challenging aspect of this simple fruit salad. If you’re not sure the best way to do it, I’ve included a YouTube video showing how to peel a grapefruit toward the end of the post.
- 1 ruby grapefruit, peel and pith removed, sliced crosswise
- 1 naval orange, peel and pith removed, sliced crosswise
- 2 clementines, peel and pith removed, sliced crosswise
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons sweetened coconut, toasted*
- 1 - 2 teaspoons honey for drizzling
- Arrange the grapefruit, orange and clementine slices on a platter. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and toasted coconut and drizzle with honey.
- *To toast coconut: Spread sweetened shredded or flaked coconut on a rimmed baking sheet and bake, stirring often, until golden, about 5 to 10 minutes. Be sure to watch it closely because the added sugar causes irregular browning and it's easy to burn.
How To Peel A Grapefruit video
If you liked winter citrus and pomegranate fruit salad you might also like:
- Gael Greene’s Morning After Fruit Soup
- Skinny Kiwifruit Muffins
- Skinny Baked French Toast with Strawberry Topping
- Individual “Banana Bread” Baked Oatmeal Muffin Cups
- Weight Watchers Individual Ham, Cheese and Veggie Frittatas
*PointsPlus® for this winter citrus and pomegranate fruit salad calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Get your FREE ebook: 15 Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes (SmartPoints Edition)
You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, tips and support to help you live your best simple & more nourished life!