Looking for a delicious nutritious way to satisfy a chocolate craving?
Stir some unsweetened cocoa powder and your sweetener of choice into plain nonfat Greek yogurt and voila – you’ve got a chocolaty creamy indulgence that’s healthy and delicious!
I love chocolate, especially the really good dark kind so I always have some on hand to satisfy a craving when it strikes. But I often have trouble meeting the Weight Watchers Good Health Guideline regarding dairy (2 servings of nonfat dairy a day).
So, when I saw this suggestion from a Leader in a recent Weight Watchers Weekly, it was a lightbulb moment: A way to enjoy a creamy chocolate treat AND increase my intake of nonfat dairy. (Talk about a win-win!)
This simple yogurt cocoa combination has become a go-to treat for me. Because Greek yogurt is so high in protein it keeps me satisfied a lot longer than the straight dark chocolate does.
I tend to grab whatever Greek yogurt is most reasonably priced when I shop. Fage, Chobani, Trader Joe’s and Fresh & Easy all are favorites.
- 4 ounces plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon xylitol or your sweetener of choice
- Stir together the yogurt, cocoa powder and your sweetener of choice until well blended.
*PointsPlus® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
More Weight Watchers friendly ideas for Greek yogurt…
- My post and recipe for Skinny Pumpkin Pie Yogurt Breakfast
- My post and recipe for Skinny Banana Cream Pie Yogurt Breakfast
- A great article featuring 14 Things to do with Greek Yogurt (Weight Watchers)
- Triple Chocolate Chunk Muffins (Dashing Dish)
- Dark Chocolate Drizzled Greek Yogurt Bowl with fruit and homemade chocolate sauce (Whole Living)
Get your FREE ebook: 15 Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes (SmartPoints Edition)
You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, tips and support to help you live your best simple & more nourished life!