When you’re craving nachos, here’s a yummy skinny option for you: cheese and black bean nachos, from the Weight Watchers Power Foods cookbook.
Nachos have been a longtime family favorite since Mom began making them when I was a kid.
She used canned chili and lots and lots of cheese back then.
I thought they were delicious.
Through the years I’ve eaten tons of nachos (both good and not-so good).
My current favorites – super nachos from Richardon’s here in Phoenix – are hard to beat.
Loaded with cheese, beans and chorizo, they’re certainly not what you would ever call Weight Watchers friendly.
Sometimes I want the flavor of nachos done lighter and healthier.
That’s where these Weight Watchers Skinny Cheese and Black Bean Nachos come in. They’re an easy, tasty and delicious lighter alternative that won’t weigh your down.
The Skinny on Cheese and Black Bean Nachos
What makes these cheese and black bean nachos lighter?
Baked low-fat tortilla chips, reduced-fat monterey jack cheese, and a healthy dose of black beans instead of more fattening seasoned ground beef or chili.
I made them for dinner recently when I was craving a nacho fix that wouldn’t blow the PointsPlus budget.
We both thought they were delicious.
- 36 baked low-fat tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded fat-free Monterey Jack Cheese (I used reduced fat pepper jack instead)
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped (I used grape tomatoes and quartered them)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced (I omitted this)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange the tortilla chips in a single layer close together on the prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle evenly with the cheese.
- Top with the beans, tomatoes, scallions and jalapeno.
- Baked until heated through and the cheese is melted, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
More Weight Watchers Friendly Nacho Recipes
Beef Nachos – made with lean ground beef, diced tomatoes and refried beans (Weight Watchers)
Skinny Loaded Nachos – made with ground turkey and black bean dip (SkinnyTaste)
Weight Watchers Take-Out Tonight Nachos Supreme – as yummy as they sound (Culinary Covers)
15-Minute Black Bean Nachos – with black bean dip and guacamole (Emily Bites)
*PointsPlus® for cheese and black bean nachos calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.