I love love love these simple maple crunch no bake cereal bars. Sweet, tart, chewy, and crunchy, they’re full of all kinds of things I love: maple syrup, dried cranberries, chopped pecans and sweet and crunchy cereal. With a respectable 3 Weight Watchers PointsPlus per bar, they’re a way to indulge my sweet tooth without blowing my daily budget too!
These maple cranberry crunch no bake cereal bars, are really easy to make. It’s the same basic formula as making Rice Krispie Treats: Melt the butter, maple syrup and marshmallows in a pan, dump in everything else, stir until coated, and then press the mixture into a pan.
While delicious any time of year, I especially crave them when the weather begins to cool and my mind turns to thoughts of autumn leaves and the quickly approaching holiday season.
For the best flavor, be sure to use pure maple syrup – not maple flavored pancake syrup – when you make these maple crunch no bake cereal bars.
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1-1/2 teaspoons maple-flavored extract (optional)
- 6 cups honey and nut flakes & clusters cereal (I used Post Cranberry Almond Crunch)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped pecans or pistachios
- Lightly spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set it aside. (Or for easy cleanup, line the pan with parchment paper or foil and spray the it with nonstick spray.
- In a large saucepan set over low heat, cook the maple syrup and butter until melted and bubbly.
- Add the marshmallows and cook, stirring often, until they are melted.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Mix in the maple extract (if using), cereal, cranberries and pecan, stirring until everything is combined and well coated.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan and press into place with a spatula, a large square of wax paper, or your clean damp hands.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into 24 bars.
- Store in covered containers between layers of wax paper.
Links to More No Bake Cookie Bars:
- 5 Favorite Easy No Bake Cookie Recipes
- Rice Krispie Date Balls
- 10 Favorite No Bake Cookie Recipes
- Old Fashioned Chocolate No Bake Cookies
- No Bake Fudgy Snowballs (SkinnyTaste)
- Frozen Chocolate No Bake Cookies (Everyday Maven)
- No Bake Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies (Snack Girl)