Looking for a quick and easy breakfast recipe that’s also healthy and delicious? How about toast with Laughing Cow Cheese, fresh raspberries and drizzle of honey? (My mouth is beginning to water just thinking back to this Laughing Cow Cheese Raspberry Toast breakfast.)
This quick and easy breakfast, perfect when fresh raspberries are readily available, is my interpretation of a recipe appearing in Power Foods: 150 Delicious Recipes with the 38 Healthiest Ingredients (Martha Stewart and the editors of Whole Living Magazine), which called for whole grain toast, goat cheese and raspberries, and sounded delicious.
Unfortunately, I was out of goat cheese and decided to substitute a wedge of laughing cow (which is from cow’s milk – not goat, produced in France, and a favorite all time food find among the Weight Watchers set) instead. I also used sourdough instead of whole grain bread, since it’s what was available.)
Even with these major changes, the toast with cheese, raspberries and honey turned out delicious!
This is the kind of dish that hardly needs a recipe, but I’ve jotted it down here just in case I forget. And I still intend to try it someday, as originally written with the whole grain toast and goat cheese, should the day come that all the right ingredients have assembled in the kitchen
If you ask me, this Laughing Cow Cheese Raspberry Toast would make a yummy afternoon snack or dessert too.
- 2 slices whole-grain bread, toasted (I used sourdough)
- 2 wedges original laughing cow cheese (or 2 ounces fresh goat cheese)
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Spread one slice of toast with a wedge of laughing cow cheese.
- Top with half the berries, mashing them slightly with a fork.
- Drizzle with half the honey.
- Repeat the process with the second slice of toast.
More Weight Watchers Friendly Breakfast Berry Recipes
- Weight Watchers Three Berry Scones
- Skinny Baked French Toast with Strawberry Topping
- Skinny Strawberry Yogurt Granola Parfaits
- Healthy Blueberry Muffin Recipes
Adapted from: Power Foods: 150 Delicious Recipes with the 38 Healthiest Ingredients, by Martha Stewart and the editors of Whole Living Magazine)