As soon as I saw this recipe for Weight Watchers chocolate chip cookies with salted peanuts from the Weight Watchers PointsPlus Best Darn Food Ever Cookbook (140 Comfort Classics), I knew I had to try them.
I can’t imagine life without a warm-from-the-oven chocolate chip cookie (or two) every now and again. Can you?
The good news is that when you follow the Weight Watchers Program, it’s possible to indulge in cookies and still lose weight and keep it off.
Recipes, like this one for Weight Watchers chocolate chip cookies with salted peanuts from the Weight Watchers PointsPlus Best Darn Food Ever Cookbook (140 Comfort Classics) are part of the secret. The recipe turns out 24 crunchy chocolate chip cookies with just 2 PointsPlus each.
With fewer chocolate chips and less butter than traditional chocolate chip cookies, these Weight Watchers Chocolate Chip Cookies are lower in calories and fat, but you’d never guess it. (Using mini chocolate chips helps distribute chocolate goodness more evenly so you get more with less.)
When you’re in need of a sweet treat, why not whip up a batch of these Weight Watchers Chocolate Chip Cookies with Salted Peanuts and watch how quickly they disappear. (At least they did around here )
- 2 tablespoons oat flour*
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- ¾ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup mini-chocolate chips
- ¼ cup chopped salted roasted peanuts
- Position your oven rack in the center of your oven and preheat the oven to 350 F degrees. Coat 2 large baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray or line them with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oat flour, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until well combined.
- In another bowl, stir together the cooled melted butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla with a wooden spoon until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the flour mixture into the butter mixture just until blended.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Stir the remaining chocolate chips and peanuts into the cookie dough.
- Divide the dough evenly into 24 portions and roll each portion into a ball.
- Place the balls of cookie dough on the prepared cookie sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart.
- With the bottom of a glass, press each ball to form a 3/8-inch thick cookie.
- Sprinkle each cookie evenly with the reserved chocolate chip-chopped peanut mixture, pressing lightly so it sticks.
- Bake the cookies, one cookie sheet at a time, in the center of the oven, until the edges are lightly browned, 9-11 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place the baking sheets on wire racks, allowing the cookies to cool in the pan for about 1 minute. Then, with a spatula, transfer the cookies to the racks and let them cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Links to More Great Recipes for Weight Watchers Friendly Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- 15 Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
- Healthy Banana Cookies with Oats and Chocolate Chips
- Low Fat Skinny M&M Cookies
- Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies (Weight Watchers)
- Skinny Chocolate Chip Cookies (Eat Yourself Skinny)
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies (Emily Bites)
*PointsPlus® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.