This easy, healthy, and delicious Chickpea and Feta Salad is another winning recipe from the July 8-14, 2012 Weight Watcher’s Weekly. It makes a great satisfying lunch on a bed of greens and would be a nice change of pace from the typical potato salad or macaroni salad at your next summer potluck or barbecue.
I love salad for lunch, especially during the summer months, and this Mediterranean Chickpea and Feta salad really hit the spot when I made it recently. It’s a great tasty way to fill yourself up with Weight Watchers power foods without weighing you down.
I love chickpeas (AKA garbanzo beans), feta cheese, and all foods Mediterranean so this is a definite keeper for me. (The day I made it I had it for lunch and again at dinner since it was so good.)
Skinny on Weight Watchers Chickpea & Feta Salad
The only real change I made was to add some chopped English cucumber. Next time, I think I’ll add a little chopped tomato too.
Each 1/2 cup serving has 4 PPV.
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1-2 garlic cloves, or to taste, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons, thinly sliced scallions
- ½ large sweet red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup diced English cucumber
- 2 tablespoons fresh, finely minced parsley
- 9 large black or green olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, for garnish (optional)
- In a medium bowl, place the chickpeas, garlic, scallions, red bell pepper, cucumber, parsley, olives, and feta cheese. Gently stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil and then pour over the chickpea mixture.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to give the flavors a chance to meld.
- Garnish with lemon zest and serve.
*PointsPlus® for Weight Watchers Chick Pea & Feta Salad calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Links to more Weight Watchers Friendly Chickpea Salad Recipes:
Chicka Chicka Chickpea Lunch – a super simple chickpea salad with lemon and Parmesan (A Veggie Venture)
Lemony Chickpea Salad – with lemon and herbs (Eat Yourself Skinny)
Orzo Chickpea Salad – with dried cranberries and sauteed zucchini (Weight Watchers)