Mixed greens, dates, and goat cheese tossed with a simple dressing of olive oil, vinegar and soy sauce.
I keep wondering, how can anything as simple as this mixed green salad with goat cheese and dates can be so delicious? And asking myself why I never considered adding dates to a salad before.
Have you ever thought of adding dates to a salad? I certainly hadn’t.
I’m a huge date fan.
I eat dates as a sweet snack and love them in yummy baked goods: banana date coconut muffins, old-fashioned date bars, banana date coconut cookies, crispy rice and date no bake cookie balls. I’ve also had them as simple appetizers – stuffed with a bit of Parmesan cheese or olive tapenade.
But this mixed green salad with goat cheese and dates was a total revelation. I’m hooked.
Skinny on Mixed Green Salad with Goat Cheese and Dates
This date salad is super simple to make, coming together in 10 minutes or less. Enjoy it as a side dish or light main dish. It’s easy, healthy and delicious, with just 3 PointsPlus value in a side-dish size serving.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups mixed baby greens (mesclun)
- ½ cup pitted soft fresh dates, such as Medjool, quartered lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons crumbled soft goat cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, soy sauce and pepper.
- Place the mixed greens in a large salad bowl. Add the dressing and gently toss to evenly coat the greens.
- Add the dates and goat cheese and toss gently to combine.
*PointsPlus® for mixed green salad with goat cheese and dates calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked mixed green salad with goat cheese and dates you might like:
A recipe for Asiago cheese stuffed bacon wrapped dates from LA Weekly
Take a closer look at 5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking: 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness by Camilla Saulsbury, one of my favorite cookbook writers
A recipe for simple orange date salad from Sunset at MyRecipes
A recipe for gingered carrot and Medjool date salad from Natural Delights
Top Ten Ways to Use Dates from the Produce for Better Health Foundation
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!