Fusilli pasta tossed with Italian sausage and peppers, onions and mushrooms in marinara sauce. Quick, easy and delicious!
When I want to get dinner on the table in 30 minutes or less, I often turn to recipes like this quick and easy pasta dish. The sauce comes together in about the time it takes to boil water and cook the pasta.
In addition to having great flavor, this pasta also got a lot less fat because it uses fully cooked Italian turkey sausage instead of pork. Experiment until you find a flavor and brand that your satisfied with.
I hope you enjoy this as much as we did.
- 6 ounces short pasta, such as penne or fusilli (about 3 cups)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and thinly sliced into half moons
- 2 red peppers, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces fully cooked sweet Italian turkey sausage, cut into ½-inch thick slices
- 1 jar (25 ounces) marinara sauce
- ½ cup dry white wine
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Grated Parmesan, if desired
- Cook the pasta, according to the package directions and then drain until ready to add to the sauce.
- While the water is boiling and pasta is cooking prepare the sauce:
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the onions and peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften, 5 to 6 minutes more.
- Add the sausage, marinara sauce and wine and cook, stirring occasionally until hot and bubbly and beginning to thicken, about 10 minutes.
- Add the drained pasta and toss until well combined.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with grated Parmesan, if desired.
Easy Sausage, Potatoes, Onions & Peppers – an easy dinner that cooks in the oven
Pumpkin Pasta and Sausage Recipe - quick, easy and delicious, perfect for a fall dinner with 8 WW PointsPlus Value
Easy Healthy Italian Turkey Sausage, Pasta and Vegetables Recipe – tasty and delicious with 9 WW PointsPlus Value