This Pampered Chef recipe for Creamy One-Pot Pasta has been on my radar for months.
I finally made a half batch for dinner last weekend and am so glad I did.
It’s definitely a keeper – quick, easy, healthy and delicious – perfect for a busy weeknight or weekend dinner.
What’s not to love?
“This one-pot wonder combines slivered garlic and fresh vegetables for a light pasta dish your family will be sure to request again.”
(Mine certainly did. Unfortunately, my photo of leftovers taken the next day, doesn’t do this dish justice.)
The Skinny on Creamy One-Pot Pasta
This is a great light vegetarian dish. For a heartier version, you can add sliced grilled chicken breasts or sliced grilled turkey sausage.
Of course, I ended up making several changes to this recipe based on what I had on hand and to boost the vegetable to pasta ratio.
I used farfalle instead of penne, a blend of broccoli, pea pods and carrots instead of just broccoli and carrots, and added both sun-dried and cherry tomatoes, instead of just one or the other.
I also grilled two links of Aidell’s Italian style chicken and turkey sausage with mozzarella, sliced them and stirred them in right at the end. Delicious.
With my changes, each serving has just 290 calories and a WW Points+ Value of 8.
Serve with a green salad to boost your daily vegetable quotient even higher
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and patted dry
- 2-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into thin half-moons
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cut into cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh basil for garnish, if desired
- Place garlic and oil in a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until garlic is golden, 2-3 minutes.
- Add broth, cover the pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in pasta, cover and simmer vigorously, stirring occasionally, until pasta is almost cooked but still firm, 8-10 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and cream cheese to the pot of pasta and stir until the cream cheese is melted.
- Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 3 to 5 minutes longer, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately, garnishing with Parmesan and fresh basil if desired.
*PointsPlus® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Get your FREE ebook: 15 Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes (SmartPoints Edition)
You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, tips and support to help you live your best simple & more nourished life!