Every busy cook needs a simple meatloaf recipe in her bag of tricks and this is one of the most easy simple meatloaf recipes ever.
Meatloaf is the perfect simple dinner recipe, especially if you make it ahead or bake it in muffin cups so it’s ready in half the time as when baked in one big loaf.
I love meatloaf and am always experimenting with different easy ways to prepare it. I never get tired of it and fortunately, neither does my family.
It’s one of those great quick easy dinner recipes that’s great leftover the next day in sandwiches too.
What makes this meatloaf recipe deliciously simple, is the use of a package of dry onion soup mix. It’s a classic recipe that could always be found on the back of the box of Lipton Onion Soup Mix that could always be found in our pantry when I was a kid.
(I know I’m dating myself, but if you ask me, it’s hard to beat a snack of chips and lipton onion soup dip. Oh, the power of nostalgia on our taste buds!)
The nice easy thing about using onion soup mix is that it saves you the time and tears of chopping an onion. And if you prefer, there are several kinds of natural and organic onion soup mixes available these days, for a healthier alternative.
With just 5 ingredients this meatloaf recipe really is quick and easy to mix together and get in the oven. Perfect for those nights when you’re just too tired to tackle anything that requires digging out pots and skillets.
Put a few baked potatoes into the oven to bake along with the meatloaf and take a few breaths while this simple easy dinner virtually cooks itself, then toss up a simple green salad for a stress free easy dinner the whole family will love.
With 10 PointsPlus, it’s not the most Weight Watchers friendly meat loaf ever, but it is easy. You could make it lighter by substituting ground turkey and using egg whites instead of whole eggs.
My solution, is to eat a smaller portion (about 5 PointsPlus worth) and load up the rest of my plate with salad and vegetables, which works perfectly. The family gets a meal they love and I stay within my daily PointsPlus target. A win-win for everyone.
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) dry onion soup mix
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1½ cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup water
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together all the ingredients until they are well combined. Place the mixture into a 9x13-inch glass or ceramic baking dish and then shape it into a loaf.
- Bake until done, about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and let rest for about 10 minutes before slicing.
- Cooking Note: For individual meat loaves, place mixture in muffin tins and bake until done, about 30 minutes.
More Great Easy Meatloaf Recipes